Monday, August 02, 2010

SUNDAY Aug 1st

AUGUST 1st ! wow, a whole new month. This has been such a great trip and I have seen so much of this country I would like to spend more time seeing that I think I will extend my trip to September 1st. Yeah, that's the ticket. Just kidding honey, I have enjoyed the trip but I am ready to be home with my family.

Today we got up and relaxed in the room for awhile until we could head to the local AG church for early service. It was good to be in church. They even gave us a cup full of chocolates. Sound familiar South Beach Christian family? As we were leaving and getting ready to head to Bryce Canyon, one of the members came out and talked with us and asked us where we were going. We told him Bryce Canyon and he said Bryce Canyon is nice but Zion National Park is a lot better. He said Bryce has one big view and that is about it but Zion is great the whole way through. So we made the decision to go to Zion. He also told us what roads to take, back roads, that he thought we would enjoy. Was he ever right! Just the ride getting to Zion (we will actually get there tomorrow) was amazing. If any of you have been through Monument Valley, you know what I am talking about. I so wish I could put some photos on here! It took us nearly 4 hours to go the first 100 miles. Needless to say, we stopped a lot. Always listen to the locals.

So, if you are so inclined, you can follow our route on a map. We started in Cortez, CO then went to Bluff, UT. If you look at a map, you may not see the road, but it is almost a straight westerly route through the Valley of the Acients. From there to Medicine Hat, UT to Kayenta, UT. From Kayenta we went through Tuba City, AZ and finally Kanab, UT, where we are now. Along that route we drove through Monument Valley. Tomorrow we head to Zion and then will be spending the night in Ely, NV.

Well, that is day 32. Good night, sleep well, and God bless.

No comments: