THURSDAY August 5th
Today was spent at Rose and Al Davis' relaxing and acting like family. OK, I'm not actually family like Mike is but I always feel like I am. We had a nice breakfast, then we went for a walk. While we were walking Rose was looking for agates, so I started looking too. I found a few small agates, one banded agate. Then I spotted a small amber colored agate and picked it up and looked at it a mentioned it looked like an arrowhead. It was! Not a full arrowhead but enough to tell what it was. It was the point and you can see the knapping marks on it. I have never found something like that before. Pretty cool.
After lunch I took a little nap that turned into about 3 hours worth! I was surprised to see how late it was. It was almost 4 PM and I had a dinner date with a couple I know but haven't seen in at least 12 years. Tim and April were kids at the church I attended in Sunnyside, OR. Actually April is the same age as my oldest son, just a child. We had a very nice visit and it so good to see them. They are both on staff at a large Foursquare church here in Bend as youth pastors. They are another product of the influence of Rich and Debbie Palmer, two of many. Oh, we meet at Typhon, a Thai restaurant, and as anyone who knows me knows, I love Thai food!
Now I am back at the Davis', relaxing and getting ready to read for awhile and then hit the sack. Day 36 in the books. Goodnight, sleep well and God bless.

1 comment:
Post
Post a Comment