
Parker, I just had to post this photo for you.
One of the things that I enjoy doing when riding the Hog is participating in a contest that Harley Owners Group (HOG) has every year. It is called the ABC's of Touring. It is certainly not a contest I have any hopes of winning any time soon, but it is still fun to do.

The idea is to get as many photos as you can of your bike in front of "official" signs. The rules are that you get up to 26 points for having a city that starts with each letter of the alphabet, as well as 26 points for counties. You can get 50 points, one for each state and 50 points for each state HOG rally you attend. You also get points for various Harley facilities, national parks, national forests, countries, Canadian providence and a few other odds and ends.

I have yet to get all 26 letters for cities. Of course, the only city in the US that begins with an X is Xenia, OH. It will be awhile before I get that one. Oh, and you also have to have one of that years HOG Magazine issues or Enthusiast Magazine. The photos have to be submitted before Dec 31st, and since the next issue of those two magazines don't come out until after the new year, you can't start on next years photos early. You will notice in the photos posted that there is a magazine being held.

4 comments:
dad.....
that is so freakin cool. i really am envious in a way that you have something like that to do. what i mean is its like a goal and an adventure wrapped up in one and it gives you something fun to do on the weekends. i have been talking with pam about that and that it would be fun to have something like that that the two of us could do. i was thinking a convertible driving the blueridge parkway....
very cool....
jeremy
Pegg I have a 1969 Mercury Montego Convertible...this could be done. Pegg, love the picture, makes me think of home, sometimes I miss it man! Thanks dude!
hey Doc i know where you can get the letters V and R
here in Radford Virginia, get your HOG ass out here.
Actually, Aaron, I could probably get a lot of letters out there, since the states are so close together. Out here the nearest state is 3 hours away and then it is at least 6 to the next nearest and 9 for the one after that.
And, part of the rules do say you can rent a Harley (Roanoke Harley) and use that in your photos.
Post a Comment