Friday, July 02, 2010

6 AM of day 2. We had a very enjoyable evening with my classmate, Fred Wicknick. It was good to sit down with him and spend some time talking shop, family, fun and politics. He was kind enough to treat the two of us and our wives to dinner at The Big Fat Fish Company. We all had some very delicious seafood except for my darling wife who had steak. Give my wife a menu with steak on it and there is rarely a decision to be made except how to cook it.

So now we hang out for the next 9 hour until we can check in for the ferry at 3 this afternoon. The girls will be leaving around 10 AM, so Mike and I have a few hours to burn. Fred suggested we ride down Chuckanut Drive to a place that serves fresh oysters. We will check that out for lunch.

The next three days will be on the ferry, going up the inland passage. I am sure we will have plenty of photos to post.

2 comments:

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Sounds like a great send-off by your friend and your wife! I'm wondering if you have restaraunts plotted out as your daily goal destinations? Have you ever seen, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? Maybe you should write reviews of the places you eat for a future book? Wouldn't that also be grounds for a big tax write off? Have fun!

DrD said...

I have seen 3-D. Great show. When we get into the states, I am going to check his site for possible stops along the way. I am so looking forward to seeing the kids. I miss them very much, especially when I have all of the kids out here together.