Monday, July 19, 2010











SUNDAY July 18th
It is Monday morning, a little before 6 AM and I am sitting in the Hahn’s living room, having coffee and have finished my morning devotional. Parker is up and getting ready to report to work at Ft Knox. I don’t think it is raining now but it was a regular monsoon last night. The forecast calls for isolated thunderstorms today. Or was today scattered thunderstorms and tomorrow isolated? I’m not even sure what the difference is.

Yesterday was very pleasant and relaxing. I didn’t go anywhere and basically sat around the house reading, visiting and just doing nothing. It was great. It was very nice to have a day that we didn’t ride. I must admit it was weird not having Mike around though. Being here at the Hahn’s has been very comfortable and they are wonderful hosts. Parker made it clear as soon as I got here that there were no rules and I was to make myself at home, which I did. I felt at home so that was easy to do.

Parker’s parents came back to the house in the afternoon yesterday (Andrea, their daughter, lives in Louisville, and they were staying there). Once again Anna put together some wonderful meals. Parker says that she normally cooks like that and I wondered how he could stay so thin. I would be enormous. I got the recipe she uses for Monkey Bread. It had to be the best Monkey Bread I have ever had. And for dinner last night we had quesadillas with salsa, sour cream and homemade guacamole, as well as fresh corn on the cob. It was great. Then, after dinner Anna threw together an incredible apple pie, and topped that with homemade ice cream. Now, this morning we are having something they call Flamly (Cora’s pronunciation of family when she was little) Rolls. It is some kind of biscuit or roll covered with caramel sauce. Parker assures me that it is low calorie and low fat. I am buying some prime swamp land from him later today.

So, it is back in the saddle today, just a short ride (240 miles) to our next stop. We were going to go visit a distillery this morning but we will be on the road to early.

Have a great day and God bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What cute pictures and a BEAUTIFUL family!!