Thursday, July 01, 2010



Well, THE RIDE has begun. Today is Day One. I was up until midnight last night going over my lists, packing, unpacking, repacking and getting things just so. I woke up at 5:30 and went out and sat in the hot tub. Boy, am I going to miss that hot tub. Oh, and yes, I will miss the family as well.

We left Westport this morning about 9:30 AM after stopping and seeing our buddy, Tim, on the way out of town. The above picture is from his Facebook. As you can see, there was a little bit of moisture in the air but all in all it really wasn't a big deal.

We stopped in Olympia at NW Harley-Davidson to visit our favorite employee there, Jessica. We also had a little bit to eat as none of us took the time to eat breakfast as we prepared to leave. Then on to Bellingham where we checked into a very nice hotel, the Fairhaven Village Inn. Mike and I meet the owner, Connie, when we got here, very friendly and pleasant.

Now we are just sitting in our room, waiting for 6:30 PM to roll around when my classmate from dental school is going to meet us and take us out to dinner at the Big Fat Fish Factory. So for now, we rest, sip on some red wine and look forward to the days ahead.

Yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Clause.

2 comments:

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

Wow, how exciting for you Duane. Looks like you're living your dream. We are happy for you and praying for safe journeys! Blessings on Tami and kudos for being such a supportive, understanding wife....you better do something special for her! Have fun and we look forward to following your travels.

DrD said...

Thank you for your prayers. Tammy and the kids are really supportive of our trip. I thanked Tammy for this morning for allowing me to do this and she said, "This is one of your passions, I would never keep you from doing that". I am blessed